7.03.2013

Sleep Soundly

For almost as long as I can remember my heart has been pointed to the mission field. Specifically I thought I would end up in Romania. A string of events occurred which includes the birth of my number 2 love (after Jesus) and I now am not in a position to go into the world. Without going into details the birth of my daughter was absolutely a beautiful consequence that saved me from what I can only see would have been beyond catastrophic to my heart and I am beyond thankful to God for saving me from what might have been. I can absolutely shine my light here...to my daughter and those around me. And I have decided I want to concentrate on praying for those in the mission field. That brings me to the actual point of this post. A group of people from my church headed to Haiti today. Some of them I know well, some are acquaintances, and some I have never met. I know some of their concerns and strengths and expectations for this trip and I can't help but reflect on some of my own intercultural experiences... This team is potentially going to experience everything from extravagant joy to heartbreak to fear to humility and everything in between and beyond. There is no limit to what they might experience as they allow God to use their hands, feet, smiles, actions, and hearts this week. My prayer is that they would be open. Open to His leading because no matter what their expectations, strengths, concerns, weaknesses...GOD IS BIGGER THAN IT ALL. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. So, as they fall asleep to strange sounds and smells and surroundings, I pray their sleep is sound as they rest knowing that they are in the center of His will...which is the best most comfortable place to be.
You can go to bed without fear; you will lie down and sleep soundly. You need not be afraid of sudden disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked, for the Lord is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap.
Proverbs 3:24-26

No comments: