7.05.2013

Self what?

As I sit  here wanting to dwell in my pit of self pity I am thinking about the fact that I need to pray for the team in Haiti and that begins to pull me out of the muck.  I realize that they have given up all comforts for the week to serve God and Haiti.  Though this makes my heart ache for a chance to serve others cross-culturally, it also reminds me that there are others much more in need than I am.

There are people without roofs over their heads, suffering from all kinds of ailments, no clean water to drink and no food to eat...self what

I have learned what it is to be a mother this past year and I have a new place in my heart that aches for the mother who is unable to care for her child when her child is suffering.  Pray for the mothers in Haiti that can't feed or clothe their children.  That God could step in and care for their children when the parents can't

Pray for the team in Haiti.  That souls would be fed and hearts uplifted by the One who knit their hearts together.

 I lift my eyes toward  the mountains. Where will my help come  from?  My help comes from the  Lord , the Maker of heaven and earth.
He will not allow your foot to slip; your Protector will not slumber.   Indeed, the Protector of Israel does not slumber or sleep.
The Lord protects you; the Lord is a shelter right by  your side. The sun will not strike you by day or the moon by night.

The Lord will protect you from  all  harm; He will protect your life. The Lord will protect your coming and going both now and forever.
                                                                                         --Psalm 121
                                                                                         


For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made.  Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them.
                                                                                              --Psalm 139:17

No comments: