8.09.2009

Sing With Joy

The Word truly does speak and fill us...

When I moved up here to Ohio...I had lots of expectations for how it would look...what I would be doing, who I would be hanging out with...

The last couple of months has been very different from what I originally thought. The past couple of weeks I have been SO busy that I didn’t take time to be in the Word like I should have...I CHOSE not to...there were times I thought about it and then made the choice to do other things...

I have felt as if I have emptied myself for I don’t know how long...I have felt like I stepped into a time chamber and travelled back to 1999 where we sing “I will dance on the streets that are golden” 500 times...I’ve felt a little self righteous...I have thought about how I gave up SO much to move up here and do what I am doing and I have been giving giving giving and not really getting much in return...which in some ways may be true but...

HOW DARE I?

Besides the fact that I am surrounded by such great folks, God has given me more than I deserve by blessing me with air in my lungs!

I finally cracked open the Word today to find such great reminders of what I am doing...

When I began this journey the verses that spoke to me over and over again were Matthew 16:24-25, “If any of you wants to be my follower, you must turn from your selfish ways, take up your cross, and follow me. If you try to hang onto your life, you will lose it. But if you give up your life for my sake, you will save it.”

These words are why I began this journey...How is it that those words were good enough to sell my house, leave my family, and friends, and the life I knew and loved but when I have to sing a song I was burnt out on 10 years ago, I get upset and wonder what I am doing? SERIOUSLY!?!?!

From now on, I will do my best to sing with joy, laugh with others, and to love the life I live, being filled by His Word...I pray the same for ya’ll!

No comments: