8.04.2009

Long while

It has been a long while since my last post...truth is I have been super duper busy AND in some pain...

I have been in pain because I had an issue with an abscess tooth, went to the dentist and had to wait for almost a week till they could pull it...it was pulled today and though I am in pain I can see the light at the end of the tunnel! Praise the Lord!

Besides work I was also involved in a week of VBS, after work every day a couple of weeks ago...it was one of the highlights of my summer as Ryan and I were the missionaries for the week and got to tell the kids about Romania. We had the goal of raising $3000 so that we can build the girls and boys bathrooms in the children's home in Romania. If we were to raise $1500 there were some adults who would get cupcakes in their faces...$2000 Ray drank a human milkshake (you don't want to know what that is), $2500 Justin, the youth minister/Ryan's brother in law would dress up like a baby, drink out of a bottle and be fed baby food, and at $3000 Rod, the minister of the church/Ryan's dad would get a mohawk and dye it pink (temporarily).

I had a blast with the kids that came to my room each night and I taight them some Romanian words and played some games and sang some songs with them. I taught them that the kids in Romania that we want to help like the same things we like, but they sometimes don't have a mom or dad to love them or take care of them so we are building a house so that we can help take care of them and give them a safe place to grow up.

Here are some pictures from the week...









No comments: