8.11.2009

Roots

“Then Christ will make his home in your hearts as you trust in him. Your roots will grow down into God’s love and keep you strong. And you may have the power to understand, as all God’s people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. May you experience the love of Christ though it is too great to understand fully. Then you will be made complete with all the fulness of life and power that comes from God.”
--Ephesians 3:17-19 (NLT)



Reading this today reminded me how deeply rooted in His love I NEED to be...

I had a tooth pulled last week...and when I went into the office, I didn’t want to see the tooth afterwards, however after it was out, I didn’t care anymore, so I asked the dental assistant to see it and HOLY SMOKES!!! The root on that thing was HUGE! When the dentist was pulling it, he had to really dig and even though I had been numbed there was still a little bit of pain involved...and the deeper the root is, the more pain there is, naturally.

So, when I read this today, I thought...The deeper my roots are in God’s love, the harder satan will have to dig to pull me out...and incidentally, there is more pain involved...

Pain isn’t always bad, besides the fact that it hurts. It means that our roots are intact and ready to hold on for dear life before something else takes control. I am working on establishing my roots as deeply in God’s love as possible, so that when trials come, I am not easily pulled out! I pray the same for you!

GOD BLESS!

No comments: