5.31.2009

Whose Blood?

Whose blood is it that ties us together?

Is it the blood of our parents or grandparents that tie us together as family? Or is it bigger than that?

But now you have been united with Christ Jesus. Once you were far away from God, but now you have been brought near to him through the blood of Christ.

For Christ himself has brought peace to us. He united Jews and Gentiles into one people when, in his own body on the cross, he broke down the wall of hostility that separated us

Together as one body, Christ reconciled both groups to God by means of his death on the cross, and our hostility toward each other was put to death.

Together, we are his house, built on the foundation of the apostles and the prophets. And the cornerstone is Christ Jesus himself. We are carefully joined together in him, becoming a holy temple for the Lord.

--Ephesians 2:13-14, 16, 20-21


I found out this weekend that God's family can be as close or closer to me than the family I was born into physically.

On Friday I was getting things ready to move up to Ohio. I had planned on using a friends pickup truck, however when I opened up my storage unit I quickly realized that it would take more than that. So, I called U-Haul and ordered a truck, which ended up being overkill but it took care of it!

So, I asked my mom to help me go get the truck, she wasn't able to. I asked several members of my family to help me load it...I guess they were too busy because I never got a response. So, there I was upset and feeling very much alone...

(In walks God)

A friend of mine helped me pick up the truck and her and her husband and my mom helped me load the truck...

Saturday, when it was time to move everything up to Ohio, my friend Becky came along in her car, for a 4 HOUR DRIVE BOTH WAYS so that I could drop the truck off and get back down here for another couple of days. While unloading the truck, we had several helpers from Ohio available, and it was actually like I was more of a helper in that situation because the men did all the hard work! PRAISE THE LORD!

I was so drained emotionally and physically and I don't think I realized I needed the help until it arrived and I physically felt the tension release...God IS in control...why do I forget???

It just goes to show, that AGAIN, I had expectations of HOW things were going to work, not that they simply would work. So, when they began working out differently that I expected, I freaked a little.

God is so good and provides for our every need in His own ways and timing...PRAISE HIS NAME!

I am so blessed to know that there are people who care about me and love me and we are tied together by the blood of Jesus and/or the blood in our veins...at some point it becomes irrelevant which tie binds...we are ALL family.

No comments: