5.09.2009

1 Peter 4 (part 2)

As I have mentioned, I am reading Living Water, by Brother Yun. It is phenomenal to see how literally one CAN live out a life completely dedicated to Christ in the modern world.

I see and hear others make excuses, and I make excuses myself, for living life the way I do. Life here is so easy and yet, it is difficult for us to stand up for Jesus Christ in our world. What are each of us doing to spread what Jesus did for us?

Are we sitting in our homes each evening, eating dinner, watching TV and saying that our job is how we spread Jesus' love, when in reality, we go to work, complain about the work we have to do while there, talk about people we work with or for, etc.

Is this how our lives should look?

The answer is a resounding NO!

I cannot claim that I am not guilty of that lifestyle though. I desire comfort...I am made of flesh. The call of the Gospel is to fight against flesh and to sacrifice our lives for Him.

"For if you have suffered physically for Christ, you have finished with sin. You won’t spend the rest of your lives chasing your own desires, but you will be anxious to do the will of God." 1 Peter 4:1b-2

I want to be anxious to DO the will of God. When I put myself aside, and do the will of God...there is no better feeling. I love when I am working, with a JOYFUL heart and know without a doubt that I am supposed to be right there right then, serving God. I long for every moment to be filled with the knowledge that I am not letting HIM down in any way! I want to use my time, talents, and energy for Him and not for the things of this world that I think will fulfill me in some way.

Contrary to popular belief, we do not need more "down" time or relaxation. We need to make sure we are filling ourselves each day, through a relationship with HIM...and we need to take what He gives us and use it to HIS GLORY!

"Do you have the gift of speaking? Then speak as though God himself were speaking through you. Do you have the gift of helping others? Do it with all the strength and energy that God supplies. Then everything you do will bring glory to God through Jesus Christ. All glory and power to him forever and ever! Amen." 1 Peter 4:11

Lastly, when things are hard and we think that because it is hard, we aren't supposed to move forward...

THINK AGAIN!

When things are hard, that can be a sign that it is that much more important to complete and that Satan is against it!

We should be joyful during these trials...as hard as it is, this is the time we know, beyond anything, that we are where He wants us, growing, and working for His glory. It isn't about us at this point. It is about the ONE we SHOULD be living for. As soon as we give up and make it about us, we have failed...

"Dear friends, don’t be surprised at the fiery trials you are going through, as if something strange were happening to you. Instead, be very glad—for these trials make you partners with Christ in his suffering, so that you will have the wonderful joy of seeing his glory when it is revealed to all the world.

So if you are suffering in a manner that pleases God, keep on doing what is right, and trust your lives to the God who created you, for he will never fail you."

1 Peter 4:12-13, 19

To God be the glory!

No comments: