5.04.2009

Live Free

One of the people in this world, still living, that I admire most is Brother Yun.

He has a phenomenal story of how God's almighty power is still alive in the world today.

He has two books. One is about his life, The Heavenly Man, and the other is written by him, Living Water.

This man has undergone some of the most brutal persecution, in the name of Jesus, that I have heard of in modern day history.

I have no other words to say about him because I simply can't do him justice. But if you read his books, read his story first, then you will build a deep respect for him and where he has been, and appreciate his writings that much more!

That being said, I was reading Living Water tonight. In it he says:

I came to realize that prison is mostly a state of mind rather than a physical place. I learned I can be chained inside a dire prison, surrounded by filth and violence, yet be completely free in my spirit.

Conversely, I have seen that many people's lives in the "free" world are bound and tormented.


Ohhhh my.

So many thoughts...what to say?

First and foremost...praise Jesus for his death on the cross which frees us!

Second, how many times I find myself bound by the things here! I am so guilty of putting shackles on myself when God has broken me free over and over again!

I tie myself to so many things, sin, addiction, work, shopping, looking good, feeling good about myself, people pleasing...the list could go on!

He goes on to say that even people who attend churches are prisoners...and I AGREE! We NEED to know and REALIZE the truth of Jesus. Not just one time but DAILY.

Well, while in prison, Brother Yun would praise Jesus at the top of his lungs. He said the guards thought he was crazy but the truth was, his heart and mind were set on the things that we ought to set our minds on!

He is like David, when David experienced dark moments he wrote things such as Psalm 34:1, 19-20:

I will praise the Lord at all times.
I will constantly speak his praises.

The righteous person faces many troubles,
but the Lord comes to the rescue each time.

For the Lord protects the bones of the righteous;
not one of them is broken.


I pray that we would each remember to live free lives through Jesus each day!

No comments: