6.29.2009

Sovereignty

One thing that I lack in so many of life's circumstances is "security" or "assurance." It seems that one thing after another can plague us and we could most certainly let it get to us and knock us down, however God is God and He is sovereign! Praise the Lord!

I am doing a study on the names of God, and the lesson today spoke of God's sovereignty.

Sovereign itself means, being above all others in character, importance, excellence, etc. God is above all others...

In the study I am doing it says, "Just as a grain of sand cannot rightly be called a beach, other deities likewise cannot rightly be called gods. There is no other god beside Him (Isaiah 44:6)."

Many tend to think that God being sovereign, or above all others, or in control of all things, means that we are robots and that we do not have freewill, on the contrary we certainly are fully responsible for the choices we make in life but we do not have the ability to act independently of God. We are always under his sovereign rule.

How does that make you feel?

It makes me feel secure and assured in a world full of chaos and uncertainty, that He is working toward a predetermined goal and I am a part of that plan. His greatness is my anchor and when all is said and done, it will be good!

A sovereign God=a God I can trust!

Yours, O Lord, is the greatness, the power, the glory, the victory, and the majesty. Everything in the heavens and on earth is yours, O Lord, and this is your kingdom. We adore you as the one who is over all things. Wealth and honor come from you alone, for you rule over everything. Power and might are in your hand, and at your discretion people are made great and given strength.
O our God, we thank you and praise your glorious name!

--1 Chronicles 29:11-13

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Amber! Loved your post from today and yesterday and the day before!! You are precious!

I miss you!

I can't find your email address or your mailing address and want to send you your note cards....or I can give them to you at Nickapalooza. Yes, face painting for your mission work would be great!!!!!!!!

What do you need? Can you bring supplies to paint with? I have brushes.

I love you!!! Let me know what I can do for you!

What Bible study are you doing right now!

Much love,
Tammy