6.08.2009

Beauty for Ashes

he will give a crown of beauty for ashes,
a joyous blessing instead of mourning,
festive praise instead of despair.
In their righteousness, they will be like great oaks
that the Lord has planted for his own glory
.
--Isaiah 61:3



This week has been fabulous and difficult in many ways! I have rejoiced as God has laid things out before me that weren't expected and were "immeasurably more" than I thought they would be, yet I have struggled through other times of missing the familiarity of home and friends while at the same time enjoying new people and sites. Needless to say it has been different levels of up and down all week! I have been here A WEEK! In some ways it feels longer, in other ways I can hardly believe it has been that long already!

The above Scripture spoke to me today, as I have been having a hard time and almost mourning the things and people I left behind in my ol' Kentucky home. This Scripture reminded me that He HAS proven this to be true this week, and I have received so much more than I thought was possible, because of His people here on Earth living out His word. I have truly received a "joyous blessing instead of mourning" and am striving to give "festive praise instead of despair" and the people in my life along the way have been "like great oaks that the Lord has planted for his own glory."

Thank you Father for working in my life and the life of others!

No comments: