At the Beth Moore conference in Pittsburgh Beth talked about being in a state of “constant suspense.” I have most certainly been experiencing the state of constant suspense in one area of my life. While in that state it is so hard to remember what is true. The words I speak to myself and hear from others, has mostly been negative. I have a couple of close friends have been encouraging through this phase however some that I thought were close have asked me, “why do you keep waiting? Why don’t you just move on?” and other such questions and then proceed to tell me it is a lost cause.
It is so hard to keep moving forward with these thoughts that are plaguing me and beg me to give up. I have been so close several times to giving up and just moving in a different direction, but I KNOW that God has called me this way for a reason. I know that His glory will come from it, no matter what the outcome, even if the outcome is not what I want, I know that God is in control and He has my best interest in mind!
So...as Beth spoke of “constant suspense” she also said that when experiencing this, we need to have 10 truths that are Biblical to focus on and recite daily. That is what I am currently working on. I am seeking Scriptural truths in particular because if it is Scripture, it is certainly true and not something I am saying to make myself feel better, it was placed there by God for a time such as this.
I have mentioned some of this in a previous post, but I have been so focused on it, being in the state that I am, that I had to write about it again...
Here are the truths I have gotten so far:
- “God said to Moses, ‘I AM WHO I AM.’” (Exodus 3:13)--God’s name here is YAHWEH...background to this Hebrew word reveals several truths...God is self existent (not created), God is self sufficient (He doesn’t depend on anyone or anything), God is self directed, God is eternal, and God is consistent (He is true and consistent.)
- I am His child whom He loves. “For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.” --Romans 8:15-17
- "Acknowledge and take to heart this day that the LORD is God in heaven above and on earth below. There is no other.” --Deuteronomy 4:39
- ”but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” --Isaiah 40:31
- “Who I am and what I struggle with are not the same thing.” --Jennifer Rothschild from her book; Me Myself and Lies.
- “The mouth speaks from the overflow of the heart.” --Matthew 12:34 (All the more reason to fill it with these truths!!!)