5.22.2010

God speaks...

I am amazed at how God speaks...

This week was super hard! I can't even begin to tell you, but I'll try...

First, I went to a meeting Tuesday morning to find out that as of July 11th I might not have had a job...I JUST GOT THIS JOB FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!! At Starbucks I showed up one day and they were closing...and 4 years ago on May 24th, my dad died, the day after which the company I was employed with informed me I would have to be let go because of an issue with the type of degree I had...Also, during this week I also learned of a dear DEAR friend dying from a brain tumor.

This was NOT a good time!!! But, God spoke Scripture into my heart through friends and the one I kept thinking of was Matthew 6. I went to my car during my lunch break, opened up "My Utmost for His Highest" to that day's entry and it was based on Matthew 6!!!

God never fails...EVER!

So...I went on with my week, fought off a migraine and just worked through it to the tune of 52 hours. Friday morning, during our weekly store meeting we found out we would not have any job losses in our store, that we would be able to maintain everyone with a little bit of shuffling around in positions! PRAISE THE LORD!

In all of this I learned that, I cannot try to be in control. I might not know where I am going or how I am getting there, but the most important thing is to be in relationship with Jesus. Believe me, this week got me back in relationship with Him...we have had some conversation and one that turned out to be pretty funny...that will have to be another blog!

Until then, I leave you with this...

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

Matthew 6:25-34

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

MM, thanks for reminding me of truth!