5.24.2010

Conversations with God...

In my last post I mentioned a conversation with God that turned out kind of funny...

Well, if you read my last post, you will know I was going through some turmoil with my job situation. I wasn't sure where to go if I lost my job, though I have a few options...the conversation went something like this...

If I am told I will lose my job on either of these days then I will choose option A. If I am told I will lose my job on these other days, then I will choose option B.

I was set. I knew what I was going to do, because I prayed and I know God is faithful and WHAM...God gave me an option I didn't even ask for....I was told that I would keep my job of all the wild things! I had assumed...well, you know what they say about assuming...

That day in my quiet time I had learned that the purpose of life isn't necessarily what we are doing, or rather that we are going through EXACT motions that God wants us to go through, but it is about being in relationship with God. Sharing the daily ins and outs with Him and glorifying Him in our lives, whether it be through a job, unemployment, being a parent, a spouse, a friend, etc. He wants us to take it day by day...How do I forget this with my blog being "day by day for jesus"???

HA!!!

I am so glad that God and I have a relationship where He can turn this situation into something I can laugh at...Laughing is one of my favorite things and I haven't done enough of it lately! Thank YOU Father!

Also...4 years ago today, my dad died...Just a little note of remembrance...Miss ya pops!

No comments: