5.12.2010

Comfort for today.

A voice of one calling:
"In the desert prepare
the way for the LORD;
make straight in the wilderness
a highway for our God.
Every valley shall be raised up,
every mountain and hill made low;
the rough ground shall become level,
the rugged places a plain.
And the glory of the LORD will be revealed,
and all mankind together will see it.
For the mouth of the LORD has spoken."

Isaiah 40:3-5



As part of my Bible study this morning I was supposed to read Isaiah 40:1...but I kept reading as I sometimes do when I am captivated by what God's word is telling me. In the above verses I found some comfort. I found comfort in knowing that life is NEVER going to be perfect...BUT with God it becomes easier...as we walk with Him, the roads become straight and valleys and mountains disappear, because He is more than able to carry our burdens...and the hills, valleys, mountains, and the wilderness ALL bow to His command. Therefore, we are never more in control than when we surrender our lives to Him to direct.

Thank you God for showing me this today!

No comments: