4.22.2009

I LOVE BLOGS!

I just want to share my love for blogs today! So many times we get caught up in our own lives and don't necessarily take the time that we should to be in fellowship and to mutually encourage one another...

I promise you right now people that blogs have the power to encourage!

I have been so blessed almost daily by my blogging friends and I want to share two of the most recent blessings...

Yesterday was rough. I physically felt weight pushing down on me and I was sooo heavy. I remember feeling that way and then this morning, I read a friend's blog. It had 2 Corinthians 4:8-9

"We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed."

It was EXACTLY what I needed for the moment!

Then...I went to another blog...

It talked about getting older and how our bodies change and how we all long to be our old teenage selves...

Then she quoted this, from 1 Peter 3:3-5a

"Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. For this is the way the holy women of the past who put their hope in God used to make themselves beautiful"

In the words of Amanda, the blogger who wrote that post...I want to turn the head of Jesus when I walk by...

Father,

Thank you for being the Most High! Thank you for loving me and for putting me here to light the way for others who don't know You.

Please continue to reveal Yourself and Your word to me, whether through my personal time in the Word or through a sister's blog! Thank you for the internet and all the doors it opens to bring Your people closer!

I pray that You would continue to carry the load that weighed so heavy on me yesterday, and I pray that I would clothe myself in ways that are pleasing to You!

In Jesus' precious and most holy name I pray,

Amen.

No comments: