8.02.2007

Temptation

OK, so I have found myself just completely surrounded by temptation this past week and weekend and have given in and fallen from where God wants me to be.

It is hard because sometimes I KNOW that I shouldn't be in that place. He provides a way out and I ignore it because I think that is what I want and that will fulfill this need within me.

I can't say that I have fought back and am where I need to be again, but I am recognizing, through the support of a few friends that God wants better for me, even when I don't think I deserve it. And that He deserves better, even if I feel like I don't. Make sense at all? Does to me, hope it does for you too!

Anyhow, I share all of this so that you guys can pray for me AND because sometimes, when I am in this place, I feel alone. I want everybody to know that we ALL struggle with sin and we have each other to lean on. That is what the body of Christ is about! I love you people so much and am so thankful for the friendships that have developed over the past few years as well as the NEW friendships that are developing! You guys are FABULOUS!

"Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a huge crowd of witnesses to the life of faith, let us strip off every weight that slows us down, especially the sin that so easily trips us up. And let us run with endurance the race God has set before us. We do this by keeping our eyes on Jesus, the champion who initiates and perfects our faith. Because of the joy awaiting him, he endured the cross, disregarding its shame. Now he is seated in the place of honor beside God’s throne. Think of all the hostility he endured from sinful people; then you won’t become weary and give up. After all, you have not yet given your lives in your struggle against sin."

Hebrews 12:1-3

"This is why we work hard and continue to struggle, for our hope is in the living God, who is the Savior of all people and particularly of all believers. Teach these things and insist that everyone learn them. Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity."

1 Timothy 4:10-13

No comments: