8.05.2007

A Heart Like David's

All righty, well...I must say, I am again amazed and humbled by how God is willing to accept me and love me even though I have failed Him again you know? I told you in my last blog that I was in a not so good place and that I wasn't back to where I needed to be, meaning, living in freedom that only Christ can provide.

So, God just spoke straight to my heart, and overwhelmed me today at church. I wasn't going to go. I had a late night at work and was out after that till about 6:30 am so I didn't want to go. Well, He gave me the strength to pull myself out of bed in time for the 11 o' clock service and I am so thankful He did!

Let me begin with the past few days! I have been discussing my sinful nature and the things I have been indulging myself in with a few of my closest friends lately and God has just used them to remind me that when I don't feel loved or accepted by family or anybody else, HE is there. Not only is He there, I should seek ONLY His approval, no one else's.

I am so thankful for my friends and how honest they have been in telling me to get my stuff together. They are right in the fact that I have no business AT ALL giving up or turning to sin when HE gave everything up for me and accepts me and has gifted me to serve Him.

So, then several months ago I had spotted a book by Beth Moore called David, 90 Days with a Heart Like his. I thought to myself then that I would really like to read it. Then yesterday I was thinking about David and the Psalms he has written and just all the sin he was in and out of and thought that maybe it would be a good time to buy the book. THEN...today I went to church and what was the sermon? "Overcoming Giants." OK, so as I write this the tears are a flowing because I honestly thought to myself a couple or few days ago that God should give up on me. I definitely would have given up on me, and was very close to giving up on myself. Al these things coming together, show me how He is pursuing me and wanting me to be completely focused on Him in EVERYTHING! Thank you Father! So, if that isn't enough...I bought hte book today as soon as I was finished with lunch....and on the first page, Beth writes these words, "we cannot out-sin God's ability to forgive."

All I have left to say is praise the Almighty God that created us to live on Earth AND who pursues us. He didn't just put us here and leave us! He wants us to fellowship with Him and His people and He most of all wants us to engage in a relationship with Him....Praise the FABULOUS Lord!!!

"Teach me your ways, O Lord,
that I may live according to your truth!
Grant me purity of heart,
so that I may honor you."
Psalm 86:11

No comments: