7.19.2007

What does Jesus require?

OK, so I am totally seeking the Lord and HIS will for my life, meaning EVERY aspect of my life...my house, my family, my finances, my location, EVERYTHING. I have been seeking direction through His word and several passages have been brought to my attention.

First is one that I have mentioned in the last blog. "He who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me." 10:37. I find this one pretty self explanatory.

Also, "Another of his disciples said, 'Lord, first let me return home and bury my father.' But Jesus told him, 'Follow me now. Let the spiritually dead bury their own dead.'" Matthew 8:21-22. Now, I resorted to the notes at the bottom of the page for this one. Either this man wanted to return to bury his father's actual dead body, or he wanted to return until his father died and to receive his inheritance. Neither reason was acceptable to Jesus. Whatever the reason was, he didn't want to commit to Jesus yet. Jesus didn't even want family loyalty to override the cost of obedience. NOTHING should be placed above total commitment to living for Him.

This one is the kicker for me...just to let you know...

"Then Peter said to him, 'We’ve given up everything to follow you. What will we get?'
Jesus replied, 'I assure you that when the world is made new and the Son of Man sits upon his glorious throne, you who have been my followers will also sit on twelve thrones, judging the twelve tribes of Israel. And everyone who has given up houses or brothers or sisters or father or mother or children or property, for my sake, will receive a hundred times as much in return and will inherit eternal life. But many who are the greatest now will be least important then, and those who seem least important now will be the greatest then.'" Matthew 19:27-30


So, I am continuing to pray that the Lord will guide me through His word and speak to me and guide me...I am so totally willing to do ANYTHING He asks, so pray with me that His will and what He is asking would be completely clear!


Day by day for Jesus...

No comments: