7.02.2007

Opportunities

All right. I have been struggling with the decision to go to China. I haven't shared this with many and I am seeking prayer for this opportunity. I began doubting His call to go to China about 3-4 weeks ago and am seeking His face in the situation. There are other "opportunities" and ideas that have come up and I haven't been sure what His will is.

I have been reading a book, The Heavenly Man, By: Brother Yun. It is an amazing true story of how God has been making Himself known throughout China and the suffering that Brother Yun has undergone to further His kingdom in China. I am not finished with this story yet but one specific thing just completely floored me about Brother Yun's experience while in prison. He fasted from food AND water for 74 days while enduring extremely poor conditions and abuse in prison. The Lord sustained him through this time and many were saved because of the witness and example of God's power that this was. He broke his fast during the first visit he had with his family while being in prison. He broke it through the taking of communion. The guards that were watching him and his family had been "confused" during their visit, and did not know what had happened during his visit with his family. The Lord allowed Him that fellowship with his family to strengthen and renew him.

So, I was in the main service at 11am this week, which was about freedom we have in America as well as in Christ. The whole time, the Lord placed China on my heart and mind. I was sitting there and thinking about the lack of freedom that they have to worship openly there as well as the freedom they can gain in Christ. As I was thinking about these things I realized tears were just streaming down my face. Communion took on a totally different meaning as I treasured the ability we have to worship openly and to commune with one another openly and to praise His name. It hit me how ignorant we are to the events taking place in other parts of the world where there are Christian brothers and sisters suffering for the Lord. We have it so easy here and have no concept as to what it is to give EVERYTHING over to Him.

So, I guess I share all of that to say, I feel the Lord calling me to China. I am going to pursue China at this point and if He doesn't want me to go, He is completely capable of stopping me right? I covet your prayers more than ever in this endeavor and am so excited to see how the Lord is going to be glorified through this experience!

Living day by day for Jesus...

"It is God's will that your honorable lives should silence those ignorant people who make foolish accusations against you. For you are free, yet you are God's slaves, so don't use your freedom as an excuse to do evil. Respect everyone, and love your Christian brothers and sisters. Fear God, and respect the king." 1 Peter 2:15-17

No comments: