1.26.2012

I hate Goodbyes...

I have a multitude of things happening in my life right now.  Exciting things, mundane things, sad things, just really difficult things.  One of the hardest is saying goodbye. 

When you break off a relationship, one that has been going on for many years, it is so hard to say goodbye to the memories, the laughter, the things you shared that you haven't shared with anybody else.  It is super difficult to leave behind the people you met through that person, be it their family, friends, etc.  That is proving to be one of the hardest for me right now. 

I am the person that gives every person I meet all that I am, as much as possible depending on that relationship...obviously a close friend is going to get more of me than a co-worker...but, that being said, I have poured so much of myself into these people and received so much back.  It makes it hard to move forward I may or may not see them again until Heaven. 

So...my prayers and thoughts will be with them...I will laugh and probably cry as I reminisce about the time we spent together...but I am so thankful we share a God who links us together into one body and we will be together again one day, with no worries or drama there to cause conflict...it will be one happy, blissful, joy-filled day.

One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin,
   but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother.


Proverbs 18:24

No comments: