8.06.2011

WATCH OUT!

WATCH OUT!

These words were spoken by minister in a sermon about greed last week.  It originally reference Luke 12:15 in his sermon and those words have spoken to me all week long. 

I think that Greed is certainly something to watch out for and in my life, it isn't necessarily the material greed that I am needing to be aware of.  Lately I have been SUPER greedy about my time.  I have wanted time to myself to unwind and relax, be it with friends, in front of the TV, chilling through my iphone apps, etc. 

What I have failed to remember is that God desires our FIRST FRUITS...not our LEFTOVERS...

He deserves my time and my energy BEFORE work, relaxation, exercise, etc.  He doesn't deserve what I try to save for Him AFTER all of that. 

What I have found, is that when I save Him what is left...He doesn't get anything.  The ONE who gave me everything is SO MUCH MORE DESERVING.

I am revisiting the book "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan, and I am so glad, the first time I read it I wasn't listening...

He says, "But the fact is nothing should concern us more than our relationship with God; it's about eternity and nothing compares with that.  God is not someone who can be tacked onto our lives."

So, as I sit here in Nashville, and we have planned a fun evening out, I am struggling with whether I should go, or remain here, in the quiet with the LORD.  It is one of those decisions where I know what decision I SHOULD make...but it is difficult.  So...does my relationship with God concern me more than with my friends???  That is the question that I will have to answer through my actions tonight.  



The ultimate source for all of this has been God's word as it inspired Francis, and as I sought it out, so the complete list of Scriptural references is:  1 Corinthians 13, Romans 16:17, Luke 12:15, Malachi 1:8, Proverbs 3:8-10.

No comments: