5.28.2011

HELP NEEDED!!!

OK people...it is official beginning TOMORROW!!! 

I am training for the Columbus half marathon!  WHAT?!?!?!

Thankfully I am not doing it alone, and though I have faithful training buddies Karen and Lucia by my side, it is not of them I speak when I say I am not alone.

This is MOST DEFINITELY a Spiritual matter and God is here with me.  I know for a fact it wasn't an accident when God included a comparison to a race in Scripture.  There are many references to racing and I am sure I will NEED to revisit these over the next weeks and months (race day=OCTOBER 16th 2011) however, there is one particular verse I would like to visit today.

"I went in response to a revelation and, meeting privately with those esteemed as leaders, I presented to them the gospel that I preach among the Gentiles. I wanted to be sure I was not running and had not been running my race in vain."  Galatians 2:2

You are probably thinking, "this isn't the verse I thought she would pick..."

Me too!

I think that running is great when I get the runner "high" known as endorphins however those don't start my workouts...it takes motivation beyond endorphins to BEGIN.

I want to know that I have a purpose and a reason for running a race...not to "run my race in vain."

I am not running it to be healthy, though that isn't a bad reason to run...and I hope it is a side effect!

I am running for kids in Romania.  For the kids that will one day live in the house that is being finished in a village named Ghioric.

It is my goal to raise funds for the purpose of raising them in a place where they can learn and know God's love and that they haven't been abandoned by the FATHER that matters.

Please be in prayer that my training is not in vain and that I continue to be motivated and spurred on by His love and glory.  Pray how you can be involved, whether by praying, donating, or attending the race to cheer me on at any point throughout the course...cause I will need it!

No comments: