6.09.2010

I can't help but smile...

Today...I couldn't help but smile...and laugh to myself WITH my God... (:

It began last week when my bosses took me aside at work to discuss my numbers and some other things, which I won't get into here. Suffice it to say, Verizon Wireless is much different than ANYWHERE I have EVER worked and numbers mean a TON!

So...that being said I have been feeling soooo stressed!

Well...I don't want to lose myself (who GOD wants me to be) while working any job. I don't want to fake anybody out to make a sale or mislead anyone...

So...I went to God...in our discussion, I mentioned that I really didn't expect to be in the job that I am in...I expected to be on the mission field by now. I am ok and at peace with the fact that I am not on the mission field yet. What I don't like is that at Verizon, I am under SO MUCH PRESSURE!

So...this weekend in my small group Romans 12:1-2 came up...I LOVE THOSE VERSES!!!

Therefore, I urge you, brothers, in view of God's mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship. Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God's will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

ROMANS 12:1-2

So...That got me to thinking...I REFUSE to give up who GOD wants me to be to succeed in my workplace. And I determined THEN that I would do business as HE would want me to and if things don't work out so be it...it would be in His hands...

THEN......

The next morning I was reading the end of John when Jesus appears to the disciples as they are fishing. They are unable to catch any fish while casting their nets...

Jesus tell them, "Throw our net on the right side of the boat and you will find some." (John 21:6)

So, I took "right" as a double meaning...for them it was the direction...for me, I translated it "correct". I will do things at Verizon the RIGHT way...

When they cast their nets on the right side...they couldn't even pull in the number of fish in their nets.

So, I sat before God, presented my needs to Him and asked Him to bless my work to HIS glory.

Needless to say, this week alone...my sales have been more than ALL OF LAST MONTH!!!

So...today as I sold 2 netbooks (Last month I only sold 1) I could NOT hold back the smile and the rejoicing in my heart that I know it isn't me, it is God in me...and His favor coming through.

I love Him SOOOO MUCH!

God bless! Keep serving Him in the RIGHT way! ;)

No comments: