2.07.2010

Let it snow......

The snow here fell to the tune of about 16 inches a couple of days ago! I stayed with Ryan and his family because we knew the snow was coming and I didn't want to be stuck in town all alone!

The snow is fabulous...it stops the world around us from going by so quickly. We take the time to enjoy rest, each other, and I stopped and enjoyed the Lord. In the stillness of this snowy Sunday I thought I would rest in His Word instead of snoozing, so I will post some Scriptures here as I come across anything He lays on my heart to share and I will also post some pictures from the snow as well!



"Though the mountains be shaken
and the hills be removed,
yet my unfailing love for you will not be shaken
nor my covenant of peace be removed,"
says the LORD, who has compassion on you."
--Isaiah 54:10



"Be still, and know that I am God;
I will be exalted among the nations,
I will be exalted in the earth."
--Psalm 46:10


"The grass withers and the flowers fall,
because the breath of the LORD blows on them.
Surely the people are grass.

The grass withers and the flowers fall,
but the word of our God stands forever."

--Isaiah 40:7-8


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful...all of it!

Anonymous said...

Hey my friend! I just read the blog before (thanks for putting the BEAUTIFUL picture of us)and pray that you will again know how much you are loved by God and how awesome He has created you. I miss you and hope to be able to see you again soon. The last time we were able to hang out was awesome. Love you Amber!

Sarah

Living day by day for Jesus said...

Thanks Jennifer! It is nice when folks comment on the blog so I know it is being read...

Sarah...we are so hot! HA!