2.24.2010

Hairy man!

So, I was just reading about Isaac , and how he blessed Jacob (his second born) instead of Esau (his firstborn). The story is in Genesis 27.

I would like to say that I have some deep and profound thoughts about this story...but I can't get past laughing about the fact that Jacob and his mom deceived Isaac by putting goat skins on him. I don't think I have ever met anyone THAT hairy!!! HA! Imagine petting a goat....now imagine that feeling while petting your son's arm...oh my!

In Genesis 25:23 God told Rebekah that Jacob would receive the blessing instead of Esau. I DO wonder why she couldn't just trust God to take care of it instead of stepping in to deceive Isaac. God is beyond having to prove Himself...but I take comfort in the fact that she was human and I can relate to her in that I sometimes try and do things on my own instead of waiting on God.

No comments: