11.10.2009

Christmas is coming!

So, needless to say for a while I was struggling...

I was struggling with being here in Ohio, missing my friends and family, and most of the struggle was because I felt trapped here. My store manager at Starbucks is not very lenient...That and she has the dates between black Friday and New Years Day completely blacked out for requests. We can't request so much as a minute off let alone enough time to visit home or family for a day or two...So that had me getting depressed.

So I was down but certainly not out and was praying and asking God to allow His will to be done but to know that I was not going to be very happy if I couldn't go home though my real desire was to travel to Romania...

So...I thought, I will ask Lee Ann, my store manager...Can't hurt right? Worst she can say is no, then I can apply for leave and see what happens there...

So, I mentioned it to her one day. She said what I thought...that I couldn't request it but to get her the dates in case I could apply for leave or something. So, I thought that it would be a no for sure...I thought, well I will just go home one day at a time when I have a day off...

Well...I got to thining I might just apply for leave and see what happened...I thought, I will apply for as close to Christmas as possible so that my chances maybe go up...Then one day when Lee Ann was in I told her the dates that I had in mind....December 21-January 13.

AMAZINGLY she said, THAT SHOULD BE FINE!

PRAISE THE LORD ABOVE! I mean seriously! I never dreamed she would say that!!!

God is so good and I believe with everything that He prepared her heart, the timing, and everything for it to work out...

I know that it would have been a super tough Christmas if I had not been able to spend it with Ryan or the family in Kentucky...but God worked it out as He usually does...Praise Him who is more than worthy!

More to come on what I will be doing while there...besides enjoying Christmas with my boyfriend! There WILL be work!

No comments: