3.20.2009

Today...

So, I have been wanting to blog for a while...but it takes a certain motivation or inspiration for me to feel like what I have to say is blog worthy.

I will tell you about today. A little background first...

There is a guy at work. He is a Christian, interested in doing mission work. He gets on my nerves a little bit but that is ok...I can deal with that because I have learned not everyone will be my best friend in life! HA!

So, that being said a non-Christian friend of mine told me today that this guy has been talking about me a lot. He apparently thinks I brag about being a "Christian" and apparently doesn't think I do a good enough job at being a Christian.

Now, I can handle being talked about. I don't like it and it hurts my feelings but I will get through it and move on. And I have several feelings about this. Initially I was thinking "Oh no! I hope that this isn't true, that people don't think I am overbearing as a Christian!" Then I thought "AWESOME! Someone is complaining about me being a Christian!" I would rather someone accuse me of that than anything! But then I got to thinking, "He is supposed to be a Christian brother!" And I was angry and confused as to why me bragging about my Christianity would be a problem.

Now, please understand, I honestly never go around saying, "I am a Christian." The ways that I might go about letting people know, is through talking about activities I am involved in and the fact that I want to move to Romania in September to live full-time as a missionary.

Simply put, I love Jesus, strive to serve him daily, and He is a part of my life, that thankfully overflows into work! Just like someone coming to work and talking about dating someone or their soccer team, or karate class, or birthday party, I talk about my ventures in Wee Jam and bunco with the girls, and Bible study with Beth Moore!

I pray that my brother would see that I am trying to love and live as Jesus wants me to! I pray that he would be humbled and realize it is a journey for all of us and that quarreling around unbelievers can confuse and turn them off to a relationship with Jesus.

I wrote him a letter, and if there is no response or change, I will then go and talk to him, if not then I will take another believer with me and then on from there...pray that God would work this out and that He would be glorified in our relationship and that our way of handling this situation would be pleasing to him.

No comments: