12.22.2008

Romania update 1



God is so good...

He has certainly prepared the way for me to get here these past months and even in the past days!

I was to leave on Tuesday December 16th from Pittsburgh airport...They were putting out a bunch of winter storm warnings and the such and I had to get to Ryan's parents so that they could take me to the airport. Well, when I got there his mom was upset that she couldn't accompany us because she works as an occupational therapist in the schools and had school the next day. Because of the winter storm warnings she thought she MIGHT be off the next day but we didn't want the roads to be bad either for the treck to Pittsburgh, which was about a 45 minute drive. We packed up all the goods that they had for me to bring to Ryan and the boys and went to bed.

The next morning I woke up and looked out the window...NO SNOW!!! YAY! I walked to the kitchen and there was Ryan's mom and dad. I was like are you off school??? She said yes. She worked in a different school district than the one they live in and the winter storm came ALL THE WAY UP TO THE LINE. The route we needed to take to Pittsburgh wasn't touched by the winter storm at all! PRAISE THE LORD!!!

So then I got to the airport, we ate, and bid farewell and I boarded the plane. Low and behold, I looked out the window and it started snowing...I think God was just assuring me of His control! Thanks God!



Since being here I haven't done too terribly much, I have been getting through jet lag and a cold and getting gifts ready for Ryan and the boys and that is about it. Arad has changed quite a bit since I was here last. I don't really know how to describe the changes but it is good. It is being built up more and more commercial but not in a bad way...It is nice to see the little mall that they have compared to the mall before that reminded me of a bad flea market...the mall now is an actual mall!

We went 2 churches yesterday and enjoyed fabulous worship at one, where I recognized the tunes to songs and follow along...The other church is non-instrumental Church of Christ and Ryan is more of a leader there. He led prayer a couple of times and served communion. Sometimes he preaches as well. So, the first church is more of a way for him to be fed and the 2nd is where he serves...plus we like instruments! :)

After church we went to McDonalds and I had a headache and went to a cafe...that is where I took the pic at the top...I had lapte calde cu mierte...hot milk with honey...not exactly what I wanted but it WAS good...I didn't know what I ordered...I thought lapte was latte! I wanted coffee but OH WELL!

During my time here the Scripture of 1 John 4:7-20 has been a great reminder...http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1%20john%204&version=31

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Amber,
Thanks for the blog update.
I will continue praying for your time in Romania.
Tell Ryan hello and keep up the GOOD work!

Merry Christmas!!

Blessings,
Andrew