6.25.2012

God's Voice

There has been a void in my relationship with God for a little while.  I haven't been able to put my finger on it this time, whereas I have been able to do that in the past and work my way forward in my relationship with Him.

I have been worried that my sin has been too much, that God had given up on me or just that my own guilt was getting in my way of my relationship with Him.  But even as quickly those thoughts came to the forefront of my mind they went away, suggesting that those were not the problem.

So, I was reading my summer Bible study a week or two ago, but because of moving, settling, working, and being so tired all of the time, I just now got around to blogging...


This particular chapter opened my eyes to a sin I hadn't really given much thought to.  


I had ignored the voice of God.  The sin that followed is irrelevant, but when God warned me, I ignored Him and did it anyways.  


I am not speaking of ignoring the "gentle whisper" as mentioned in 1 Kings 19:11-13.  I am talking about the BOOMING VOICE OF GOD as mentioned in Job 37:1-5:


“At this my heart pounds
    and leaps from its place. 
 Listen! Listen to the roar of his voice,
    to the rumbling that comes from his mouth. 
 He unleashes his lightning beneath the whole heaven
    and sends it to the ends of the earth. 
 After that comes the sound of his roar;
    he thunders with his majestic voice.
When his voice resounds,
    he holds nothing back.
God’s voice thunders in marvelous ways;
    he does great things beyond our understanding."

I believe wholeheartedly that the act of ignoring His voice and continuing in my own way has most certainly caused a void in our relationship, as any sin does.  I am working through restoration with Him and taking things day by day as I learn to hear Him and communicate with Him as I once did.  

My prayer is that my heart would not be hardened because I turned from His voice.  I pray it would be softened, that I would learn from this and that I would continue to listen to Him and follow where He leads.  I am in no better place than when I allow my path to be guided by Him.

"So, as the Holy Spirit says:
“Today, if you hear his voice,
do not harden your hearts
as you did in the rebellion..."

Hebrews 3:7-8a 

Even though I have stumbled, I have God's promises to lean on and I know that because of Him I will remain standing.  

The Lord makes firm the steps
    of the one who delights in him;
though he may stumble, he will not fall,
    for the Lord upholds him with his hand.

Psalm 37:23-24


I instruct you in the way of wisdom
    and lead you along straight paths.
When you walk, your steps will not be hampered;
    when you run, you will not stumble.

Proverbs 4:11-12 

 


 


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i left a reply to your comment on LPM blog. girl, God bless you for raising your baby. find a biblically sound church and stay in it! raise that baby to love Jesus! HE loves you both!