6.27.2015

Love Wins

For the past 3 days I have been amongst some amazing women of God.  I was blessed to attend Lifeway's YOU Lead conference with some ladies from my church in Mason, OH on Thursday and Friday and then Friday evening and Saturday morning I attended Beth Moore's Living Proof Live event at the US Bank Arena.  I have been up, down, and all around the Scriptures in that time. Some things were affirming, some things were GREAT reminders, and other things were straight up convictions.  

On Friday afternoon, as I was waiting in line with my friend Jen to get into the Living Proof event, a lady stepped out and mentioned that they needed additional volunteers.  I was so excited to be spontaneous and step into that role!  When they sorted us into different groups Jen and I volunteered to help those with special needs find seats. Helping in this way added a little something special to the whole experience.

The conference was certainly Spirit led.  After the break on Saturday morning, Beth said that normally she does one thing after the break, but she felt "A Word" and was going to do things differently.  She mentioned that she had spoken to her husband after the conference on Friday night and simply mentioned to him that she felt something over the crowd.  She wasn't sure what it was but she knew something was in the air.  He said,"Well I can tell you...they are conflicted."


Conflicted.

Let that settle.

I know in my own life I have been worried, fearful, and have felt a general unease about the world situation right now.  There are SO many things I don't have to mention just one.  When she said the word conflicted...I felt it click. That is the exact word to sum up ALL of the feelings I have regarding the world.

A couple of days ago the Supreme Court made the decision that anywhere in the United States, gay marriages are legal.

Let me make my stance clear...I believe the Bible is clear and that a gay lifestyle is sinful.

You are reading this from a single mom who had sex outside of marriage.  Also a sin.  I will own that for the rest of my life.

The difference for Christians is not that we claim perfection...we claim the blood of Christ covers our sins and that LOVE WINS.

I want to love others as Christ loves me.  I DO love others.  I can't say my love is always perfect but I know one thing from today...

As I walked out from a Christian conference in which the Word of God was alive...I walked out to the Gay Pride march.  It was directly on the street below me.


As I watched the march I was feeling so many things that I don't know how to put into words, but I do know that not one iota of what I felt was hate or judgment.

I can't rejoice with them because it is not in line with my particular line of belief.  I can however relate to the feeling of victory...

Victory in Jesus is something that I was literally swept up in moments before and my heart was so full for the promises I have in Him.  I want this for everyone.  I want this victory for Jewell and for all of my friends and family.  It is indescribable and unobtainable joy that until you accept Jesus and receive the Holy Spirit, you cannot understand.



I don't know what to say about the next thing I saw except for I was embarrassed and saddened at their representation of Jesus.  It is distasteful, hateful, and not at all an accurate representation of the Jesus I serve.  It broke my heart to see Him displayed in such a manner and I hope and pray that all people could have an accurate view of who Jesus is at some point in their life because that is not it.

"I give you a new command: Love one another.  Just as I have loved you, you must also love one another.  By this all people will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another."
                                                                                                              --John 13:34-35 (HCSB)
                                                  

No comments: