1.04.2014

No coffee?!?!?!

I do not make New Year resolutions.

I do not go on diets.

I do, however, attempt to listen to God and boy was I surprised at the things He started saying after Christmas and New Year.

As I was saying, I don't make New Year resolutions.  I simply feel that if there is something I need to do I should do it and not save everything for the first of the year.  If I am concerned about my health I should begin working on it in the moment and not gorge myself in preparation for a New Year diet.  I do things in baby steps, usually either begin eating better, then working out comes along, or likewise I will begin working out and worry about the food part as it comes along, I believe it should be a lifestyle and something I can adhere to all of the time.

That is why what God began to tell me startled me a bit.

I am going on the Daniel Fast.

Now, if you don't know what this is then I highly recommend you check it out here.

As this was a prodding of the Holy Spirit I am excited to undertake the challenge.  I have grocery shopped and will need to shop for more I am sure.  I am looking forward to preparing food and the satisfaction that comes from filling myself with good food and a good Word.

There are several things that have pointed me in this direction.  Yes, my general dissatisfaction of the way I feel and look, but there is more.  I am attempting to fill places that feel empty with "more".  Whether it be eating too much dessert after Jewell goes to bed because I feel like I deserve it during my down time or spending too much money on something because I feel like I deserve a treat, this all comes from dissatisfaction that plagues us all when we aren't filling up on God and His Word. 

My goal during this fast is to learn to "hunger and thirst for righteousness" and to "taste and see that the Lord is good".  I know He is good in the deep recesses of my mind.  I have tasted and seen His goodness.  But my taste for Him has been set aside and most likely dulled as I have tried to fill myself with things other than Him. 

I want to feast on my God and be filled with the life He gives.  I want Him to fill my cup of coffee...because for the next 21 days I am giving up coffee...COFFEE!!!  It makes me nervous that I might fail.  I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me right?  I keep saying it, maybe I will also write it on m bathroom mirror.  I should probably put it in front of my face at every turn I take.  It is true.  I just have to believe it and cling to it.

If I can give up coffee with His help, you can give up your vice.  If you feel led and want to taste and see the Lord's goodness with me for the next 21 days...I encourage you to follow the link above.  You can sign up for daily emails when you register for the fast and if anyone would like to join me, e-mail or facebook me! I would love to have others to connect with.

Blessings to you this New Year, may all of our resolutions become lifestyles we are able to uphold and make positive changes with. :)



No comments: