1.19.2011

Wait for the Lord...then follow

I am participating in Beth Moore's Siesta Scripture memory team for 2011.

We pick one verse, every 2 weeks throughout the year, to memorize and my first verse was chosen ON New Years Eve at about 11:58pm. I asked God to lead me to it because I wanted my first act of the New year to be an act of obedience and love for Him. So, I found and wrote down Psalm 27:14,

"Wait for the Lord, be strong and take heart, and wait for the Lord."

It is so hard to wait sometimes. I am not sure what I am waiting on honestly. I know I am tired of waiting on people (one in particular) and I can't do that anymore. That brings me to my second verse, which showed up in my devotion on the day I had to have a new verse!

"When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice." John 10:4

So...needless to say, I am waiting on HIM and when I hear his voice calling, I will follow. Wherever, whenever He calls. I know He is there right now making the way for me and that brings me peace.

This comes a little late, but I pray that your new year will be filled with peace and whether you are waiting or following his voice, I pray you are in His will!

No comments: