2.14.2009

Humpty Dumpty

Psalm 71:5-8

5 For you have been my hope, O Sovereign LORD,
my confidence since my youth.

6 From birth I have relied on you;
you brought me forth from my mother's womb.
I will ever praise you.

7 I have become like a portent to many,
but you are my strong refuge.

8 My mouth is filled with your praise,
declaring your splendor all day long.

No matter what happens, He is our refuge!

I have recently been a little less than confident in some areas of my life and Thursday I was seeking guidance from the One who IS my confidence...He set the above Scripture in front of my eyes and ever since then I have been so thankful for it! I have been truly holding on to who I am in Him...No matter what the world throws at me or what pit I find myself in, I always return to the One who made me so He can put me back together again...Kinda like humpty dumpty...haha!

I just thought of that and thought it was silly but for real..."All the Kings horses and all the Kings men, couldn't put humpty together again..."

Only the KING is able to put me together...so it is Him I will seek when broken!

"Heal me, O LORD, and I will be healed;
save me and I will be saved,
for you are the one I praise."
Jeremiah 17:14

No comments: