8.29.2008

My home

So, seeing as how my house sold and I am moving out to a tent, I have been thinking a LOT about "home".

We all have this sense that we need to belong somewhere. The house that I sold is the house I remember from my childhood. After my parents divorced when I was 10, I always had this longing to go back to that house and live there. When my dad passed away a couple of years ago, he left the house to me and I had the chance to go back.

During this time I have learned that the longings of this world are not fulfilling.
I have learned that the arms of Jesus and Heaven are the places that I belong. I am complete and whole in those places and until I reach Heaven I will settle for a tent or whatever life God chooses for me. This place is temporary and imperfect. The life I am longing for is the life where I will have a perfect body (can I get and AMEN?) and a perfect place to live while glorifying my perfect God along with EVERY tongue, tribe, and nation!

"For this world is not our permanent home; we are looking forward to a home yet to come" --Hebrews 13:14